Senior Oracle APEX Developer / Oracle APEX Developer
About Innovate Tax
Innovate Tax is a leading and multi-award winning global tax technology consultancy that has developed multiple indirect tax technology products. We are headquartered in the UK with operations in the UAE, United States and India. This role is extremely varied, no two days are the same, but that’s what makes it exciting!
Currently in a rapid growth phase, we are actively seeking an Oracle APEX Developer (or Senior position depending on years of experience and technical skills), you will work with and support the Technical Development Manager and the Functional Tax Technology team to ensure the delivery of our world class tax solution(s) and ancillary services to our global clients. This is a varied technical development role in a fast-paced environment which requires learning on the job.
It’s really important to use that everyone at Innovate Tax embodies our same core values:
- Respect – we respect ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, our differences – everything!
- Look for opportunity – we always aim to innovate and improve, never accepting status quo
- Make your good better – we always strive to excel at the things we are good at and seek to improve our knowledge, expertise and ourselves
- Always deliver – we take ownership of what we do and if we say we’ll do something, we’ll do it!
- Above and beyond – we always make the effort to go the extra mile to impress ourselves and our clients
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining applications built in Oracle APEX for both existing and new business needs
- Management and continuous development of solutions using Web Services and APIs
- Creation and maintenance of technical installation guides and technical documentation for our solutions
- Supporting clients on technical issues and resolving support tickets
- Mentoring junior technical team members (for Senior level)
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in the field of Computer Science
- Commercial experience building complex forms and reports in Oracle APEX (version 20 desirable)
- Very strong SQL, and PL/SQL programming skills
- Experience in managing web page layouts with APEX templates and themes
- Integration tools, SOAP, REST services development
- Experience of writing technical documentation preferably in the context of a major IT systems methodology
- Working experience of version control systems and application deployment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organisational skills
- Flexible and patient
- Leadership qualities
- Development of APEX plug-ins
- Knowledge of AOP (APEX Office Print) for designing reports
- Any working experience in Oracle E-Business Suite or other major ERP vendor is desirable
- Experience in database query optimisation
- Ability to continually improve custom-built APIs
- Oracle Integration Cloud
Please note: this role is based in Vadodara, Gujarat and may require some travel – domestically and internationally.