Functional Consultant – Tax Technology
Job title: Functional Consultant
Job type: Full time – 35 hours per week
Job location: Bognor Regis head office or remote
Reports to: Functional Lead Consultant
Start date: ASAP
Innovate Tax Functional Consultants are the lifeblood of our business. Over the past few years, our Functional Consultants have worked on delivering indirect tax solutions for some of the world’s biggest and well-known brands (take a look at our website) in over 150 countries. Our services include Native technology solutions and implementation of third-party Tax Engines for market-leading ERPs, such as Oracle, SAP and Workday.
Due to continued growth, we’ve decided to open the doors and invite applications from experienced professionals to join our highly regarded and valued team.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work within an experienced and world-class team, sharing knowledge and ideas, always looking to make our good, even better
- Learn the Innovate Tax implementation and project methodology; we always look to innovate by ‘future-proofing’ what we do, knowing that the right path doesn’t always mean the easiest
- You’ll deliver indirect tax solutions for some huge brands, providing them with the best global tax solutions
- There is ALWAYS the opportunity here to branch out into other technologies or build on your current skills – you create your own journey at Innovate Tax
- We work internationally, so when we say ‘branch out’, we also mean see new places! There are plenty of opportunities to travel (if you want to, of course)
- Work on all stages of a project from pre-sales to design, build, testing and go live – even support. With our unique business setup, you have direct access to some of the leading tax technologists and we encourage open comms and co-operative problem solving – curiosity is something to be encouraged!
Our target focus is always on automation and the work we do genuinely makes an impact; Tax Teams see us as their pathway to compliance, which means you’ll be working with some forward-thinking and positive clients that actively embrace the power of technology for tax.
Who you are
We’re looking for candidates that love what they do and thrive on a challenge. You’ll appreciate the benefits of working within a collaborative team and having access to an experienced Indirect Tax Solution Architect (for when you need one), where you’ll be able to express your ideas and use your voice to ‘Make your good better’ (one of the Innovate Tax core values).
You’ll have experience as:
- an Oracle Financials Functional Consultant in Oracle R12 EBS or Oracle Cloud working with modules that include AP, AR, PO, PA and OM, but Oracle Tax Engine experience is not necessary (we teach you that)
- or as an SAP FICO consultant (S4/Hana)
- or you will be a Functional Consultant with working experience of the financial function of other ERP platforms such as NetSuite’s MS Dynamics 365 or Workday
- and preferable worked on at least 1 full lifecycle implementation project covering ERP Financials function for that ERP system
- Perhaps you will have had exposure to the gloriously complex world of indirect tax or worked with tax products like Vertex, TR OneSource, Avalara or Sovos? Although this is not necessary as we will train you on how to set up our award-winning Indirect Tax Solutions within the ERPs/ Tax Engines.
Who we are
Innovate Tax is a leading and multi-award-winning global tax technology consultancy that has celebrated 10 years of growth and achievements. We’ve developed a range of products and provide services that help businesses with their global indirect tax determination and compliance (like EU VAT, US Sales and Use Tax and India GST).
With headquarters in the UK, we have established legal entities/offices in the United States, United Arab Emirates and India. Our team is even more global – some of our colleagues work remotely in the Netherlands, Romania, Greece, Spain, Mexico and the US
Why work at Innovate Tax?
- Working within a small but fast paced team, allows you to teach and learn quickly with great mentorship and support.
- Join one of the most in-demand professions that is undergoing exciting developments and adopting the latest technology.
- Cliché… but you are always heard. Your opinions, ideas and suggestions are too valuable to ignore.
- New opportunities are always on offer to expand your skillset and develop professionally.
- Progression is always available if you want to take it. Many of the team started out as apprentices and now manage their own teams. You create your own path!
- Would you like to do some public speaking? We encourage our teams to speak at key industry events around the world…but if you aren’t ready for that right away, just being present can really help your development.
- Globe trot around the world if requested by a client (one of the perks of working at an international business).
- Direct feed into the commercial and marketing folk to discuss industry trends, products, services and much more…
- People are really important to us. We may be small, but we are mighty in our marketplace… Just like any good team, it has to be a good fit for everyone. We certainly aren’t like any other.
- Our staff stay with us, which we put down to a positively charged atmosphere and a consistent hubbub of excitement (oh, and fantastic company outings are a regular occurrence too). We take time in choosing the right people with the right characteristics to become an Innovator. Could that be you?