Business Development Representative
About Innovate Tax
Innovate Tax is a leading and multi-award-winning global tax technology business. We’re extremely proud of the portfolio of automated solutions and products we’ve developed to help our clients – including some of the world’s largest brands – manage global indirect tax. We’re headquartered in the UK, with regional offices in the UAE, the US and India.
We are looking for a commercially aware, dynamic, personable and enthusiastic Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing company.
We will offer you
- A competitive salary – plus a meeting target remuneration package.
- BDR team member will receive a bonus per ‘qualified’ meeting (authorised by Sales Leader & Commercial Director).
- Service offering and product offering training.
- The opportunity to attend national and international events and exhibitions.
- Progression to the role of Field Representative – with an 18-month runway.
- BDR team members shadow each qualified opportunity through the bid process to enhance learning and development.
- A weekly feedback loop to Marketing/Product and Sales.
- A weekly Wellness Hour
- Birthdays are yours to enjoy!
- An annual, off-site Commercial Awards event.
The key responsibility of the BDR is to help develop new business for the Sales Leaders. You’ll be guided by our tailored approach and team ethos (we share the hard work and glory as a team!).
- 150+ weekly outreach guide.
- Meeting target: 10 per month.
- BDR focus is coordinated by the analysis of our market data, led by the Team Coordinator.
By meeting the key responsibilities, you will also:
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance and growth of our CRM record data.
- Learn the various business value propositions.
- Become competent in demonstrating products and presenting services.
- Become part of the tax technology community.
- Exhibit at various conferences.
- Take ownership of post-event/exhibition data.
Skills and Attributes
- Motivation, inspiration and determination to succeed!
- Excellent organisation, with great attention to detail and the ability to manage your own workload effectively and multitask as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, collaborating between clients, the Project Team and the Sales Team.
- Ability to manage stakeholders’ expectations; we believe in under-promising and over-delivering, not over-promising and under-delivering.
- A team player who is comfortable working in a close-knit team and building strong professional relationships internally and with our clients, but with the ability to work independently when required.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to manage a pipeline of opportunities/data.
- Confidence and tenacity to seek answers and solutions to our clients’ issues or requests.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of the following:
- A desire to learn and better yourself. This is an entry level role, but it shouldn’t be limited to being a job. It’s a launchpad into a career.
- Commercially aware. Growth driven.
- Working with team members remotely is key.
- Microsoft Office: including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of outreach activities is great – but not a barrier here. As long as you are willing to put the effort in, we will help you grow.
- Good written skills are a top-scoring credential.
Innovate’s Core Values
It’s important that everyone at Innovate Tax embodies our core values:
Respect – we respect ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, our differences – everything!
Look for the opportunity – we always aim to innovate and improve, never accepting status quo.
Make your good better – we always strive to excel at the things we are good at and seek to improve our knowledge, expertise and ourselves.
Always deliver– we take ownership of what we do and if we say we’ll do something, we’ll do it!
Go above and beyond – we always make the effort to go the extra mile to impress our colleagues and our clients.
This is an outline of the role and you may be expected to undertake additional tasks not listed here in order to perform your role to the best of your ability.