Reports to: Marketing Manager
Responsibility: Marketing category management of Innovate Tax Oracle-centric services
(no agencies please)
Firstly, give yourself a pat on the back for finding this job ad – you must be seriously skilled at sniffing out an opportunity, so well done you 😊
You’ll find a kindred spirit in all of us at Innovate Tax, where our mission is to become the market leader in the global tax technology industry. Speaking of global, we operate across Europe, Middle East and the US, and we’re not stopping there…
Which is why we’re on the lookout for talented people to join our Commercial team and help usher in the next wave of opportunity as we continue to grow (think hungry caterpillar).
Obviously, this little super-witty opening gambit here probably already has you reaching for the ‘apply now’ button but if by some very, very odd reason you’re not yet convinced, here are a few more details about what this job entails.
About Innovate Tax
Innovate Tax is a leading and multi-award-winning global tax technology consultancy that has developed multiple indirect tax technology products, e.g. VAT and GST. We’re head-quartered in the United Kingdom with operations within the Netherlands, UAE, United States and India.
We’re diversifying and branching out into new ventures (very exciting stuff). To get where we want to be, we have restructured our team and now we’re looking for a Marketing Lead / Senior Marketing Executive to take the helm on marketing for our Oracle-centric services.
You’ll oversee all tactical and operational marketing for our Oracle ERP indirect tax services, working with the Marketing Manager and Sales Manager to plan, design and execute a marketing plan that’ll become your very own marketing baby.
You’ll have full ownership of lead generation campaigns, digital comms, event management, content, sales collateral and several highlighter pens, making this a varied and exciting role for a budding marketing professional who is seeking to take on more responsibility and develop their personal brand.
It’s really important to us that everyone at Innovate Tax embodies our same core values:
- Respect – we respect ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, our differences – everything!
- Look for the opportunity – we always aim to innovate and improve, never accepting the status quo
- Make your good better – we always strive to excel at the things we are good at and seek to improve our knowledge, expertise and ourselves
- Always deliver – we take ownership of what we do and if we say we’ll do something, we’ll do it!
- Above and beyond – we always make the effort to go the extra mile to impress ourselves and our clients
- Build and maintain marketing plans to defined time scales
- Demand and sales lead generation activities
- Develop the Oracle content communication strategy
- Responsibility for PR, industry events, conferences and sponsorship
- Work with partners and industry bodies for joint-marketing activities
- Measure and report of marketing effectiveness setting them against set KPIs
- Design and produce digital marketing assets, such as collateral, social graphics and video
- Competitor analysis
- (and other duties that fit within the remit of this role)
Skills and Experience
We get that everybody is different (variety is the spice of life) and what’s most important is talent and ability, not years of experience. In general, we’re hoping that you’ll:
- Have significant previous success in a fast-paced generalist marketing role
- Have proven experience of delivering a successful marketing strategy within a SaaS environment
- Possess knowledge of global indirect tax, ERP technology, software or financials (not necessary but would be beneficial)
- Be an advocate of data management and have working knowledge of CRM systems and pipelines
- Be experienced in managing international campaigns
- Have a high level of competency with the following tools or similar: WordPress CMS, Adobe CC
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Educated to undergraduate degree level in a marketing-related discipline, or
- CIM Level 6 professional qualification (or equivalent)
- Strong commercial awareness gained from previously held marketing role(s)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, i.e. Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Video / podcast / media creation qualification
- Basic HTML or SQL knowledge
- Working proficiency in another language
- Able to understand a complex service and refine into simple, high-quality copy
- Resourceful and willing to learn
- Able to work autonomously
- Strategic thinker with hands on attitude
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written
- Confidence in managing multiple stakeholders and meeting new people
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally where required
- Interested in technology and product design/development
- Detailed planning and 360° management
Pay Package & Benefits:
- £25-28k basic starting salary (dependent on experience)
- 20 to 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
- Long term service award
- Staff development days
- Regular team outings (circumstances permitting)
- Significant career development opportunities with a growing international business