Reports to: Finance Director
About Innovate Tax
Innovate Tax is a leading and multi-award winning global tax technology consultancy that has developed multiple indirect tax technology products. We are headquartered in the UK with operations in the Netherlands, UAE, United States and India. This role is extremely varied, no two days are the same, but that’s what makes it exciting!
An exciting new position has arisen for a Finance and Administration Manager based in our India office to oversee our Indian office finance function, support the UK finance function and assist the local team with various admin and HR duties.
It’s really important to use that everyone at Innovate Tax embodies our same core values:
- Respect – we respect ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, our differences – everything!
- Look for opportunity – we always aim to innovate and improve, never accepting status quo
- Make your good better – we always strive to excel at the things we are good at and seek to improve our knowledge, expertise and ourselves
- Always deliver – we take ownership of what we do and if we say we’ll do something, we’ll do it!
- Above and beyond – we always make the effort to go the extra mile to impress ourselves and our clients
This role is a hybrid role, with finance being the main focus, however the successful applicant will also be expected to balance the finance work with supporting the team with admin and HR tasks on a regular basis
Accounting & Finance Support
- Processing and executing payroll for the India Office
- Liaising with the external accountancy firm over the handover of the operational finance duties for the India entity, primarily:
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Bank reconciliations
- GST reporting
- Liaising with the external accountancy firm with regards to year-end and statutory reporting
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts for the India entity
- Account payable duties for the India entity
- Supporting the UK finance function with daily and monthly tasks, for example:
- accounts payable processing
- bank reconciliations
- preparation of monthly management information and KPI data
- Other ad-hoc finance related activities as required for the India Office or the UK
Human Resource Support
- With support from the UK office – to form, practice and maintain HR policies for Innovate Tax – India.
- To perform HR oriented responsibilities, e.g. maintaining and keeping track of leave calendar, holiday and sick leave recording and diary availability.
- To support with the recruitment of new team members for the office
- To co-ordinate with HR team and activities of Innovate Tax – UK
- To conduct regular casual/ informal staff wellbeing events
- To be the operational face of Innovate Tax India that can interact with external business stakeholders as required
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with external accountants, the bank and legal support
- To be responsible for procurement within the India office and ensuring the relevant parties are consulted
- To perform regular reporting to Innovate Tax HQ as and when requested
Skills and Experience
- Educational background in accounting and finance
- Past working experience in accounting, finance, and operations
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Hands-on experience in office productivity tools and techniques (MS Office)
- Hands-on experience in accounting software – Quickbooks ideally but not essential
- Basic or good understanding of taxation (direct and indirect) is desirable
- Experience in Human Resource area is not essential but would be advantageous