Reports to: Commercial Director
Responsibility: Business Development of Innovate Tax’s Agnostic Tax Practice Services
(no agencies please)
About Innovate Tax
Innovate Tax is a tax technology firm offering a unique market and value proposition, with multiple worldwide offices including the headquarters on the south coast of England with a well-established Oracle practice, offering best in class tax technology products and services into the Oracle ERP Market. Building on Innovate’s success and reputation in the Oracle space, the business is growing into new markets to offer tax technology services to a wider range of potential clients under its Agnostic Tax Practice (ATP).
An exciting new position has arisen for a Commercial Practice Lead to grow the Agnostic Tax Practice based in the commercial office situated in the beautiful Welsh town of Monmouth, where the Commercial Director and Partner to the firm has his team. You will need to be able to travel to the office most days.
Innovate Tax has secured a sizeable amount of business already in this new venture, but it will be the candidate’s role to help identify Innovate’s unique value proposition, develop the product and service offering whilst looking for opportunities to sell our skillset and services to the market. You will have few limitations on potential clientele as well as a global sales territory with the support of both a dedicated marketing professional and telesales operative with the scope to grow the team as the practice takes on more business.
The scope and freedom to create your own path within this role presents a huge opportunity but requires the right person with the suitable business acumen and attitude to succeed.
As the Commercial Practice Lead for ATP, you’ll have exposure to all the elements of the commercial side of the business. Managing a sales quota, you will need to create a network of prospects, partners, and market allies to help us achieve our goal of market growth. This is not an easy or quick sales environment. A candidate strong in networking skills, and the vision to understand the impacting elements/stakeholders of an ERP solution sale will be very important in this role.
You will be responsible for your full sales cycle, from initial contact with a potential client to managing a bid. Building rapport with our potential clients will be essential to your success. You will need to establish the business needs of our clients and offer them a fresh and focused experience in dealing with Innovate Tax.
The role requires you to be flexible and able to travel, often abroad for periods of time at short notice if required.
We are looking for a candidate that is comfortable working in a small, energetic commercial team but be self-sufficient to manage your own workload with the drive to create new business opportunities independently.
Being able to use your initiative and the ability to think on your feet is a must. We are looking for well-rounded businesspeople who have a strong understanding of the sales cycle but also want to grow and learn in the role.
It’s really important to us that everyone at Innovate Tax embodies our same core values:
- Respect – we respect ourselves, our colleagues, our clients, our differences – everything!
- Look for the opportunity – we always aim to innovate and improve, never accepting the status quo
- Make your good better – we always strive to excel at the things we are good at and seek to improve our knowledge, expertise and ourselves
- Always deliver – we take ownership of what we do and if we say we’ll do something, we’ll do it!
- Above and beyond – we always make the effort to go the extra mile to impress ourselves and our clients
Skills and Experience
We get that everybody is different (variety is the spice of life) and what’s most important is talent and ability, not just years of experience. In general, we’re hoping that you’ll be:
- Educated to Undergraduate Degree level
- Able to demonstrate success within similar sales role
- Wanting to continue a career in sales for the foreseeable future
- Able and willing to travel where necessary, in and outside of the UK
- Dedicated, hardworking and flexible
- Able to contribute to the team but have the confidence to manage your business alone at times
- Experienced using CRM systems and possess knowledge of sales pipelines
- A confident speaker – on the phone, in person and whilst giving presentations, potentially to large groups of people
- Knowledgeable in the arena of global indirect tax, ERP technology, software or financials (not necessary but would be beneficial)
Pay Package & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary and commission package
- 20 to 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
- Long term service award
- Staff development days
- Regular team outings (circumstances permitting)
- Significant career development opportunities with a growing international business